Tuesday, November 25, 2008

my life list

So I heard this speaker today who's the dad of a girl in the leadership program I'm in. He was really awesome, really motivational; a go-getter who's so full of passion it basically shoots out his fingertips. I really liked him because I love finding people who are just as passionate and restless at heart as I am, although the whole "believe in your dreams!!!!" thing can get old, I really do believe it's true.

He encouraged us to make a "Life List," or things we want to do in our life. He said that we need to write them down, think about them, live them and breathe them and make them come true. I've always had one running through my head (and randomly say them out loud, usually only to be met with blank stares from someone who's like, "Sara, where the hell did that come from...?" I guess I need to work on the whole speaking the thought process instead of just blurting things out. But I digress).

So I decided I'm going to give it a shot. And I'm sure this will be edited. It's rather frustrating to me to do this because I feel like a lot of it can't come true or won't for a while, but getting it out there means I'm going to try. While I'm stuck in school until at least May of 2010, this stuff can come true. And one of the things on there is to get my Masters...which is why I'm in school til May of 2010!

Alright, here we go:

My Life List (God willing!)

Travel
New Zealand
Italy
Ireland
Niagra Falls
Follow the footsteps of Jesus
go back to Australia
go back to San Francisco
go back to New York City

Do
bungee jump or skydive
have a scholarly article published
ride in a hot air balloon
go hang gliding
ride a motorcycle
hold a poisonous snake
work at a social justice organization
live in Australia or another country for at least 3 months
live on my own (Accomplished September 2010)
have my own classroom (Accomplished September 2010)
go rapelling
go water skiing

Learn
get my Masters
learn to fence
teach a college course
learn some Greek and/or Hebrew
take theology courses
get another degree (outside of education and sociology)
learn to scuba dive
learn to kick box
take photography (added december 8, 2008)
get certified to be an ASL interpreter (added december 16, 2008)

Meet or Hear Speak
Greg Mortenson
Anberlin (or at least Stephen Christian - lead singer) (added december 15, 2008)
Switchfoot (or at least Jon Foreman - lead singer) (added december 15, 2008)

Concerts
Jack Johnson (added december 15, 2008)
Train (or at least Pat Monahan) (added December 15, 2008) (COMPLETED Aug. 24, 2010. Concert in Portsmouth, Needtobreathe opened, with Matt!)

No comments: