so, if you didn't know, I'm in New York City right now. I'm here for a seminar through the United Methodist Church called Living Justice, and it's a seminar to talk about serving justice through our faith and we're focusing on the issue of human trafficking.
it's been pretty cool so far, I had a few moments sitting there with everyone tonight where I inwardly paniced and wondered what the heck I'm doing here, is this really what I want to be doing right now, what am I doing with my life, am I making the right decisions, I was SCARED. I'm out of my comfort zone here, majorly. but at the same time, I'm not. I don't know. I think it's that there's a lot of new stuff going on in my life, some things are ending and a bunch of new things are beginning: end of half my junior year in college, applying for MAT soon, new boyfriend [who's pretty flippin' swanky, I might add], I'm in a city I've only been to once [and it's been since 8th grade] with people I've never met in my life.
anyway, the other girls are really cool, some of them are a bit older than me and have graduted collge and have jobs and whatnot but we still get along pretty well. I'm the youngest one here but at least one of the other girls is a junior too. but yeah, they're all really sweet and 6 of us went out to times square tonight after our seminar stuff!
we started off by decorating name tags, and then had dinner and then they gave us composition journals. we were told to decorate the journals with what our dreams were when we were little kids. then we shared our decorations with everyone and answered the questions "who are you?" "where are you from?" "what are you passionate about?" "where is home for you?" and "why are you here?". pretty hard to answer questions, really. I realized though that I can't be too scared of getting to know these people, because we all have at least 3 things in common: we're girls, we're united methodist, and we all have an undying, unquenchable desire to change the world.
anyway, I'm hoping tokeep writing here each day of my trip so I don't forget stuff! hooray!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment